Over the past year, OC Transpo staff have been conducting community consultations and have been working on reviewing transit routes throughout the city. Over 8,000 residents responded to the online survey, attended open houses, or responded to surveys conducted by OC Transpo staff at transit stations.
I have heard from residents that there are concerns that route services will be impacted. There will be changes to service that include extensions, increased frequency, re-routing and removal of some local routes. These decisions were made following consultation and analysis of changing travel patterns post-pandemic. These changes will allow for more frequent and reliable service and overall improved access to transit in Alta Vista. OC Transpo processes, including route reviewing, are being done to achieve and maintain 99.5% service delivery.
This decision will be voted on as part of the Transit Commission meeting on November 14th and the Council budget meeting on December 6th. Please feel free to share your thoughts on the proposed changes with my office.
Route changes in Alta Vista are below:
South Ottawa and Alta Vista Improvements
• Route 40 would be revised to operate from St-Laurent Station to Greenboro Station via Queensdale, Albion, and Bridlepath.
• New all-day Route 41 would operate between Billings Bridge Station and StLaurent Station via Heron, Walkley, Russell and Elmvale, replacing part of Route 46.
• Route 48 would be extended to operate from Hurdman Station to Carleton Station via Elmvale, Billings Bridge Station, and Sunnyside.
• Route 49 would be extended to operate from Elmvale to Carleton Station via Billings Bridge Station and Sunnyside.
• Route 90 would be revised to operate via McCarthy, Cahill, and Uplands.
• New all-day Route 91 would operate from Uplands Station to Greenboro Station via Uplands Drive and replacing current Route 197.
• Route 93 would be revised to extend to the residential area east of Bank Street and to operate only to Leitrim Station.
• New weekday peak period Route 94 would operate on Kelly Farm in Findlay Creek to Leitrim Station, replacing Connexion Route 294.
• New weekday peak period Route 115 would operate between Baseline Station and Greenboro Station via Slack, MacFarlane, and Hunt Club.
• New Route 116 would operate from Baseline Station to Greenboro Station via Hunt Club, replacing current Route 96, improving connections and making service more frequent.
• New weekday peak period Route 43 would operate from Karsh to Greenboro Station via Johnston and Tapiola, replacing part of Route 40.
• Route 90 service would be removed from Riverside Drive between Walkley Road and Uplands Drive.
• Route 92 would be revised to operate in weekday peak periods between Greenboro Station and Billings Bridge Station via Plante, Walkley Station, Herongate, and Clementine.
• Route 93 service would be removed from Bank, Athans, and Sixth.
• Route 97 service to the Airport would be replaced by O-Train Line 4.
• Route 99 service to Riverside South would be replaced by O-Train Line 2.
• Route 140 service would be removed from Jefferson, Featherston, and Ryder.
• Route 141 service would be removed from Kaladar, Brookfield, and Clover.
• Route 190 limited service to St. Patrick’s Home would be removed.
• Connection Routes 290 and 291 would be removed, with nearby service provided by other routes.