Contact Marty if you need more information or support. Note: 3-1-1 is the primary connection for issues related to City of Ottawa services and is available 24/7. Contact them by phone, email, or submit a request through 3-1-1 online

Where is Ward 18?

City of Ottawa Ward Map [PDF]

Elected officials


John Fraser, MPP, Ottawa South
Phone: 613-736-9573 (Ottawa)
416-325-4670 (Toronto)


David McGuinty, MP, Ottawa South
Phone: 613-990-8640 (Ottawa)

School Board Trustees

Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
Nili Kaplan-Myrth

Ottawa Catholic School Board
Mark D. Mullan

Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est
Monique Briand

Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
Joël Beddows

Bill 23, the More Homes Built Faster Act, 2022 was introduced by the Government of Ontario in October and was passed on November 28, 2022.

You are encouraged to share your concerns about Bill 23 with Steve Clark, Minister of Municipal Affair and Housing ( with a cc to John Fraser, Member of Provincial Parliament, Ottawa South (

Ottawa City Council and City staff continue to examine Bill 23 to understand its far-reaching implications. Mayor Mark Sutcliffe has also expressed concerns about the bill.

There are currently no family doctors accepting new patients in Alta Vista. If you see a sign or advertisement for a clinic or family doctor in Ward 18 that is accepting new patients, please contact us so we can share the information.

Kids Come First Health Team

The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) has a Kids Come First Care Clinic that is available for in-person assessments and care of children and youth with acute illnesses which include a fever, cough, or runny nose. The clinic is by appointment only.  To book an appointment online, visit the Kids Come First Care Clinic web page

Resources for parents

Parenting in Ottawa is a website created by Ottawa Public Health and community partners to make caring for babies, children, and youth a bit easier.  On the website you will find information and tips from local health experts on many topics in one convenient place.

The City of Ottawa has many resources on its website to help you learn about ongoing and proposed development including development applications, construction, roads, and infrastructure projects. A Development Application Search Tool  can help you locate development applications in your neighbourhood or ward, review reports and plans, and provide feedback.

Marty is aware that many sidewalks in Ward 18 need significant work, particularly along Alta Vista Drive. She and her staff are working to have this work actioned by the City of Ottawa. Updates will be provided when available. To report a specific area that requires patching,  please contact 3-1-1 or use the City’s online form.

The City of Ottawa has a new activity listing and registration system for its recreation programs: Please visit the City’s website for a video tutorial and information on how to use the new system

How to register for city recreation programming: 

All first-time users of Register.Ottawa are required to create a new account. There are two exceptions: 

  • residents who have a current City of Ottawa fitness membership  
  • participants of the Hand in Hand financial assistance program

If you have an active fitness membership (e.g., swimming, sport) or participate in the Ottawa Hand in Hand financial assistance program, your account has been automatically transferred. Please follow the online instructions at Register.Ottawa  to receive a new password.

 For all questions related to the City’s recreation programs, contact 3-1-1.

The City of Ottawa maintains more than $10 billion of existing road infrastructure which consists of approximately 6,000 kilometres of roads.

Roads in need of repair are reviewed annually when the City of Ottawa prepares its annual budget. Priorities are determined based on existing road conditions, traffic volumes, cost, coordination with other nearby projects, and public concerns.

The City uses a Pavement Management Application to manage its road network, which is considered a best practice in asset management.  This system is continually updated with road condition data.

Given the impact, arterial and collector roads, particularly those carrying a lot of vehicle traffic, are rehabilitated more frequently than local roads. For more information visit the City’s roads page. There is also an interactive map of construction projects that shows which roads are scheduled for work.

The City’s roads team works hard to keep roads clear and safe throughout the winter.  During a snow event (snow is still falling), there is no need to call or submit and online request to 311— winter maintenance crews continually monitor the weather. Crews are sent out when there is 7 cm of snow accumulation, and they have 16 hours to clear the snow after the last snowflake falls.

If a road or a sidewalk has not been cleared 18 hours after the end of a snow event, you can report the situation to  3-1-1 or make an online request.

Please note that City crews do not return to plow the snow left in front of laneways after plowing a street. It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure their laneways remain passable as needed.

Despite best efforts, City equipment may sometimes damage property during operations. To report damage to your property visit the property damage and maintenance page on the City’s website for information on how to proceed.  

Need help clearing snow?  The city’s Snow Go program provides a matching service to help seniors and people with disabilities hire someone to clear snow from private driveways and walkways at an affordable rate.

The City also offers a subsidy to eligible low-income seniors or persons with disabilities to help with snow removal costs.  For information on application deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the Snow Go Assist program.

Speeding and dangerous driving are serious issues that impact the safety of our residents. Marty is committed to working with the City, residents, and community associations on a ward-wide plan to implement traffic calming measures including signage to help reduce speeding.

​As directing police patrols is outside of the authority of Councillors, you are encouraged to contact Ottawa Police to report incidents of speeding and dangerous driving. Call 613-236-1222 or use their online reporting tool to file a complaint. Details such as license plate number, vehicle make and model, and location of the incident are important and help Ottawa Police with their enforcement and patrols.

Marty is committed to working with the City of Ottawa to improve transit services in Ward 18, including Para Transpo.

If you have any questions or feedback you would like to share with OC Transpo, please call them at 613-560-5000. You can also provide your feedback online.

In November 2022, A Vacant Unit Tax (VUT) notice was sent to homeowners for each property they own.  It provides information such as the roll number and access code and identifies the next steps in the process to declare the property’s occupancy status for the 2022 calendar year. Homeowners must file the online declaration between January and March 16, 2023. 

Here are answers to some common questions about the VUT. More information and FAQs are available on the City’s website.

Why did this notice go out in November? The City decided to send the VUT notices early to ensure that property owners are aware of the new process beginning in 2023 and are prepared to submit the declaration between January and March 16, 2023.

What do I do if I am unable to file electronically?  Beginning in January 2023, residents will be able to make their declaration over the phone or request a standard paper form which will also be available in accessible formats (large print, braille, etc.). Contact the City’s Revenue Branch at 613-580-2444 for more information.

Why a mandatory declaration? In June 2021,  City staff presented a report to Council that included a  study of several residential vacant unit tax regimes globally to show how they have been implemented. The regimes cited in the study used one of three methods to determine vacancy:

  1. Mandatory declaration
  2. Voluntary vacant unit declaration: Property owners voluntarily declare a vacancy in good faith
  3. Complaint-based: Vacant properties are identified through a complaint or tip from residents

The City of Ottawa included these three options in a resident vacant unit tax survey that was sent out to residents in spring 2021. The survey responses showed that residents favoured a mandatory annual declaration over the other two approaches. For more information, please refer to the “What We Heard” survey results presented to Council.

The City’s report found that in all cases, regimes that used the voluntary vacant unit declaration or complaint-based method were ineffective in capturing vacant units and reducing property vacancy. For example, Melbourne, Australia’s use of the voluntary approach identified less than 20% of vacant properties. In comparison, those regimes that used the mandatory declaration approach have been consistently successful. Vancouver, Toronto, and Hamilton have adopted a mandatory declaration approach for their vacant unit tax regimes.

For questions about your water utility bill, including changes, increases, or to better understand charges, visit Understanding your bill  on the City’s website. You can also contact 3-1-1 by phone, email or in person for any questions or concerns.